Through Pastoral Care, we encourage a sense of self-worth and willingness to take initiative and accept responsibility.
We value the partnership between school, home and community. We believe it provides students with a caring, enjoyable and challenging educational environment.
Our pastoral care program responds to the changing social and emotional needs of our students and includes:
• Strong pastoral support provided by subject teachers, homeroom teachers and year coordinators
• School Counselling program
• Peer-support program for Year 7 and 10
• Year Level and house group activities for Years 7-12
• Academic support programs throughout Years 7-12 which include study skills and homework club for Years 7-9
• Careers and pathways focus for Years 9-12
• Transition program for students in Year 7
• Social/Emotional learning programs from Preparatory-Year 10
• Positive education
• Mental Health awareness programs for all year levels
• A focus on cyber safety and positive online behaviour for all year levels
• Preparatory-Year 6 daily 'Minutes of Mindfulness'
• Preparatory-Year 6 Wellbeing Curriculum based on the 'Bounce Back' program
Parent Information Sessions
In association with our Positive Education programs at Loreto Toorak, Information Sessions are offered to parents on a wide range of areas to support their daughters' personal development.
Brochures to support these sessions can be found below.
Alcohol & Party Guidelines Flyer (1369 KB)