Staff Employment Benefits
Loreto Mandeville Hall Toorak is an Independent Catholic School, firmly grounded in the 400-year-old world wide Loreto tradition of education. We offer our staff many challenges and opportunities in the pursuit to be one of Australia’s leading Independent Girls’ Schools.
We are committed to the education of girls. Our mission is to nurture their growth as capable, compassionate, independent, committed women who are characterised by freedom of spirit, a concern for justice, a personal integrity, a love of learning, and who, joyfully and wholeheartedly, seek truth and live full lives.
It is our vision that staff will embrace our Catholic values and contribute to a diverse and rich environment of continuous education and global connection.
- Our staff are encouraged to enhance their qualifications through further study with generous opportunities for funding support
- Academic staff have a choice of a PC or Apple device to support their teaching requirements
- A formal staff coaching mentor program is provided to support our staff and their ongoing development
- Loreto Toorak encourages staff to be involved in associated professional associations including examiner positions within the VCAA. In 2016 a total of 28 of our Academic Staff were assessors for the VCAA
- Academic staff receive a generous 13 weeks annual leave
- The Personal Leave provision is 15 days per year
- Staff receive 156 weeks of parental leave including 14 weeks of paid maternity leave
- Long Service Leave is portable within the Victorian Catholic Schools Network
- A prorata 17.5% leave loading is paid to staff in December each year
- All staff receive a 50% discount (pro rata based on working hours) from their Tuition Fees for their dependent children between Preparatory and Year 12
- An overnight camp allowance is paid when applicable to staff
- Salary sacrificing opportunities
- Subsidised classes devoted to wellbeing are available on Thursday afternoons such as personal training and pilates
- Fitness sessions which include boot camp twice a week
- Regular social events including Friday afternoon and off-site events are available to staff
- Annual Retreat day provided for staff offering several sessions encouraging reflection and mindfulness
- Loreto Toorak provides the opportunity for staff to engage in several social justice programs run through the school including our Vietnam Pilgrimage
- Several interstate and overseas study tours are available for students and staff. These may include but are not limed to music tours and several language tours which both enhance culture and learning experiences.
Admissions & Marketing Coordinator
Loreto Mandeville Hall Toorak is a Catholic independent school that aims to be the leading girls&rsq..
CLOSING DATE 19-Sep-2019
Applications should include:
- A cover letter that demonstrates your suitability to undertake the requirements of the position
- A curriculum vitae detailing your relevant qualifications and experience
- Contact details of three referees
- Applicants are requested to apply online (unless otherwise specified) by 4.00pm on the specified closing date. Enquiries regarding the application process can be directed here.
Loreto Toorak is an equal employment opportunity employer and applies strict privacy and confidentiality guidelines to the handling of your personal information in compliance with current legislation.
Employment at Loreto Toorak is subject to the following requirements:
- Applicants for teaching positions must hold current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Other staff (non-academic staff, including sessional music staff, sports coaches and other casuals) must hold, or be prepared to undergo, a Working with Children Check and/or a National Police Record Check.
Loreto Toorak is a Child Safe organisation with a demonstrated commitment to the safety and wellbeing of children with a zero tolerance approach to the abuse of children in our care.
Successful candidates will be required to support the School’s Child Safety policies and procedures and commit to their implementation in writing upon commencement.