Music is a rich and diverse component of the Loreto Mandeville Hall Toorak education.
With over 700 students taking part in weekly instrumental music lessons and 30 bands, choirs, orchestras, instrumental ensembles and chamber groups available for students to participate in, the Music community at Loreto Toorak is a welcome place for your daughter to thrive.
All students study classroom Music from Preparatory through to Year 7. In Year 8 Music becomes an elective subject. The Music Program also includes:
- Preparatory - Year 3 ‘Loreto Sings’ Program
- Preparatory Suzuki Strings Program
- Year 2 Recorder Program
- Year 3 Strings Program
- Year 4 Percussion Program
- Year 5 Brass and Woodwind Program
- Year 7 Instrumental Program – where new students are offered a semester’s complimentary tuition on a variety of instruments.
Tuition is available on many instruments for an additional tuition fee with 46 Music Staff employed to offer lessons throughout the week, we are sure we will find the perfect match for your daughters’ ambitions.
Loreto Toorak offers performance opportunities including frequent recitals, fortnightly lunchtime concerts and involvement musicals in partnership with St Kevin’s College and Xavier College. Concerts include:
- The Annual School Music Concert at Hamer Hall
- Showcase Concert at Melbourne Recital Centre
- Contemporary Music performances at Paris Cat and JazzLab Jazz Clubs
- Chapel Concert
- Singers Soirée
- Celebration of the Piano
- Choral Concert
- Brass and Percussion Concert
Masterclasses and Workshops are offered throughout the year as well as opportunities to perform sacred music for Mass.
For further details on what might be on offer to your daughter please contact Director of Music, Mr David George or Music Administrator Keturah Haisman via the school Reception Centre on 9823 8100.